Patatas bravas are one of the simplest yet most important dishes to include in your tapas order when you are in Barcelona.
They are golden brown cubes of potato served with a delicious spicy mayonnaise sauce or alioli
You can also make them when you get back home as a reminder of your Barcelona food experience.
How to make your Patatas Baravas
- Clean the potatoes and then peel them and cut them into fairly large cubes.
- Pour 1 cm of olive oil into a pan and heat it with a piece of potato in the pan... When the oil starts to bubble around the potato add the rest... but don't fill the pan too much.
- Fry for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place them in a bowl lined with kitchen paper to absorb all the excess oil.
- Add salt.
- Serve with spicy mayonnaise or alioli immediately.
If you liked the Patatas Bravas you will love Spanish Omelette "Tortilla de Patata".
Patatas Bravas Tapas
Barcelona Spain Disclaimer