"Tortilla de Patata"
The Spanish omelette
or tortilla de patata is another simple but delicious dish that is enjoyed by
everyone. This is so easy to make that anyone can do it.
cups of olive oil
- Peel onions and chop them up.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes, dry them well.
- Beat the eggs and add a dash of milk.
- Heat the olive oil and then add the potato cubes and onions, stir frequently so that they don’t stick together. Fry until tender but not browned and remove from oil.
- Mix the potatoes and eggs and season with salt and pepper… Stir gently.
- Heat 2 table spoons of olive oil in a pan and then add the mixture, lower the heat and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the bottom has set.
- Cover with a plate, hold it in place with your hand and invert the half cooked tortilla into the plate. Slide the now upside-down tortilla back into the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooked remove the tortilla from the pan and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with salad, cheeses and typical Spanish cold meats.
Spanish Omelette Tapas
Barcelona Spain Disclaimer